Achieve Your Dream Smile with Dental Veneers
Do you have stained, chipped, crooked, or uneven teeth that make you feel self-conscious about your smile? Are you looking for a simple and effective way to enhance your appearance and boost your confidence? If so, dental veneers may be the perfect solution for you.
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are attached to the front surface of your teeth to improve their shape, color, size, and alignment. Dental veneers can correct various cosmetic issues, such as:
- Yellow or discolored teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Gaps or spaces between teeth
- Misaligned or irregularly shaped teeth
- Small or short teeth
Dental veneers are made from porcelain and are permanently bonded to your teeth with a special adhesive and can last for many years with proper care.Dental veneers offer many benefits over other tooth restoration options, such as:
Are You a Candidate for Dental Veneers?
- Natural-looking results. Dental veneers are custom-designed to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth. They also reflect light in a similar way as your enamel, giving you a realistic and beautiful smile.
- Minimally invasive procedure. Dental veneers require little or no removal of your tooth enamel (often only 0.5mm). This means less pain and sensitivity during and after the procedure.
- Stain resistance. Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to stains from coffee, tea, wine, tobacco, and other substances that can discolor your teeth over time.
- Strength and durability. Dental veneers are made from strong materials that can withstand normal biting and chewing forces. They can also protect your teeth from further damage or decay.
- Easy maintenance. Dental veneers do not require any special care or cleaning. You can simply brush, floss, and rinse them as you would your natural teeth.
To be eligible for dental veneers, you need to have healthy teeth and gums that are free of decay or infection. You also need to have enough enamel on your teeth to support the veneers. Some conditions that may prevent you from getting dental veneers include:
- Severe tooth decay or damage
- Gum disease or inflammation
- Tooth grinding or clenching
- Insufficient enamel thickness
- Large fillings or crowns
To find out if dental veneers are right for you, schedule a consultation with our skilled cosmetic dentist. We will examine your oral health, take X-rays and impressions of your teeth, and discuss your goals and expectations. We will also explain the different types of veneers available, their costs, and their pros and cons.How Dental Veneers Work
The dental veneer procedure involves two main steps: preparation and bonding. The steps are:
Contact Us Today
- Preparation. During the first visit, we will prepare your teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel (about 0.5 millimeters) to make room for the veneers. This may require local anesthesia to numb the area. We will then take impressions of your teeth and send them to a dental laboratory where they will create your custom-made veneers. This may take two to three weeks. In the meantime, we may provide you with temporary veneers to protect your teeth.
- Bonding. During the second visit, we will check the fit and color of your veneers and make any necessary adjustments. We will then clean, polish, and etch your teeth to create a rough surface for better bonding. We will then apply a special cement to the veneers and place them on your teeth. We will use a curing light to harden the cement and secure the veneers in place. We will then remove any excess cement and evaluate your bite and smile.
If you are ready to transform your smile with dental veneers, contact us today to book an appointment. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and help you achieve the smile of your dreams.